HOW-TO BLOWOUT GIVEAWAY!
There really is so much more to blowdrying hair than simply getting it dry, especially when you’re working with hair that is textured and voluminous. It’s an art, and stylist, salon owner, and beauty blogger Tequila Fletcher is an artist. Don’t believe the rumors, a well done blowout looks good on any hair type. Naturally curly and coiled hair can be made sleek without sacrificing body and bounce, while straight stands can be lifted an volumized. To prove it, Tequila is sharing with us her step-by-step pro tips for getting a perfect blowout for two very different hair types: natural + relaxed. Her tools of choice? amika of course, the Power Cloud Repair + Smooth Dryer, Straight Up Smoothing Balm, Oil Treatment, and Touchable Hairspray… and we’re giving them away!
1) Start off with clean and conditioned hair.
2) Section hair into four sections.
3) Apply amika Straight Up Smoothing Balm to hair from root to ends. (Only apply a small amount of product. Too much product will make your hair greasy and weigh it down.)
4) Set your amika Power Cloud Repair + Smooth Dryer on a low/medium warm setting and proceed to dry the hair until 80% dry.
5) Clip all but one section of your hair.
6) Set your dryer to a higher and warmer setting and proceed to continue drying your hair using a medium round or paddle brush. Smooth the hair by sectioning small sections until done.
7) FLAT IRON TIME (do if you need to at this point). For those of you with natural hair, please make sure you are using a flat iron that heats up to 400º. For those of you with relaxed please make sure your not using heat higher than 300º. Smooth out your hair until finished.
8) Finish your hair using by using a few drops of amika Oil Treatment (if desired) and use the amikaTouchable Hair spray set your perfect results.
- For Facebook: LIKE+SHARE this post.
- For Instagram: Follow @love_ amika and @tequilaglamtresshair and repost this picture with #howtoblowout
- Follow the entry rules below. The more ways you enter, the more chances you have to win.